Grilled Cheese!

(posted by Emily)

Lunch on Sunday was a quick and easy affair for us. I had some Daiya cheddar slices left over from our 5 Layer Dip and after picking up a loaf of our favorite gluten free bread, some grilled cheeses were in order! It had been a long time since I had made grilled cheese in a pan--anyone else remember the joys of the sandwich maker?!

I started with some sautéed onions in the pan:



While the onions cooked, I prepped the cheese and one half each sandwich:



I buttered (with Earth Balance) one side of each of the extra bread slices:


The onions were done at this point, and I had sliced a few tomatoes, too. I placed the buttered slices of bread in to the pan, topped with tomato and onion:



Then topped with the cheese and bread I had ready:



After buttering the top slices, it was time to flip:



In order to get everything better stuck together, I added a little weight with a smaller pan lid:



Delicious! Quick and easy :)  Next time, I think I'll add a little dijon mustard under the cheese. Yum!



What are your favorite twists on grilled cheese?

--E&R 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South America 2016: On to Manuel Antonio

Barclays in Bali: Busy Sunday

Barclays in Bali: Ubud on foot