Top Ten: Things I am excited to see and do in London

(posted by Emily)

Many of you know that we are planning a month-long trip to Europe this summer. We'll be based near London and are taking a few weeks to trek over to the continent, on what I am affectionately referring to as our EuroAdventure. I haven't started heavily researching what we could do in London this summer (other than restaurants we want to eat at--more on that later this week), but there are a few stand out things that I am looking forward to doing/seeing. 

Top Ten: Things I am excited to see and do in London

1) Visit Cookies and Scream in Camden Town. I can't remember how I came across this vegan and gluten free bakery, but ever since I started following them on Instagram, I've been hooked on the idea of visiting them. In the irony of all ironies, they are located right down the street from one of our favorite places to eat in Camden Town, inSpiral Lounge. We must have walked past at least 6 to 8 times. 


via
2) Eat at inSpiral Lounge.


via
ice cream from inSpiral summer 2012
3) Visit Neal's Yard and Wild Food Cafe


Neal's Yard in summer 2012


4) Hang out at a local pub.


the pub we adopted in summer 2012, near Archway
5) Visit Borough Market for the best wheatgrass shots we've ever had.



my men at the market in summer 2012
6) Visit all of the free museums, like the Tate Modern and the Natural History Museum


Tate Modern (via)
7) Visit Postman's Park, home to one of the many oddities in London, the Memorial to Heroic Self Sacrifice. I first heard about the memorial on NPR (I can't remember which podcast!) and my interest was peaked. 


via
one of the plaques on the memorial (via)
8) Sit in a park and read a book all afternoon. 

9) Eat at Vitao.
via
10) See what it is like to actually live in the UK--since we will be in Europe for such an extended amount of time, I am curious to see what it is like to feel like a resident!

I know a lot of these are about food....but let's be honest. Food is a great thing to look forward to :) 
--E&R

Comments

  1. Definitely check out Aspiring Kennedy's blog before you go! http://www.aspiringkennedy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

South America 2016: On to Manuel Antonio

Barclays in Bali: Busy Sunday

Barclays in Bali: Ubud on foot