Juice Cleanse: Day 3

(Posted by Emily) 

Sorry I missed you all yesterday--Tuesday is my busiest day at school, and also means yoga after work. Between all of that and catching up with True Detective, posting fell by the wayside. 

I mentioned on Monday that we are on a raw food/juice cleanse these days. Rick and I team up on these "adventures" every so often, to feel better and reset the way we eat. So far, it hasn't been too terrible. We've been having a smoothie for breakfast, juice for lunch, and salad for dinner. Mostly, we miss snacking on things like popcorn and veggies with hummus. I've been packing fruit to curb the need to chew something, and tea has been the substitute for coffee. Day 3 is always an interesting day on a cleanse--I don't know about your experiences, but we always notice this day is the bottom of the bell curve. We are crankiest, lowest on energy, and most frustrated on Day 3. There's also something I notice happening on Day 3 for me personally--I start to go pin crazy. Yes, pin as in Pinterest. 

For some reason, I start hunting down all sorts of delicious vegan recipes. In the past, it has yielded a number of things that have quickly become staples for us--Buffalo Cauliflower Bites, our mac and cheese, and my chocolate chip cookie recipe. Of course, it also makes me crave all of the things I can't eat right now! Ugh. 

So in celebration of all things I can't eat, here's what looks amazing to me this morning (I'll include a link to the recipe, too!): 

image via and recipe here!
image via and recipe here!
image via and recipe here!
image via and recipe here!

image via and recipe here!

image via and recipe here!

image via and recipe here!

image via and recipe here!

Sorry--I probably made you hungry, too :) 
--E&R



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South America 2016: On to Manuel Antonio

Barclays in Bali: Busy Sunday

Barclays in Bali: Ubud on foot