Pizza Night!

(posted by Emily)

During our juice cleanse, I spent a lot of time pinning new recipes on Pinterest. Tonight was the first chance we had to try something new--I was inspired by this Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza recipe, and decided to try my hand at a BBQ Cauliflower Pizza. It was a delicious experiment :) 


I started with a batch of cauliflower bites. While they were baking, I mixed up the dough for the pizza crust. We really like Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust mix--it always has great results. 
cauliflower bites ready for the oven

dough ready to be mixed
Once the cauliflower was out of the oven, I got the crusts ready to par bake. 

greased baking sheets with a dusting of cornmeal

While they got going for 8 minute sans toppings, I tossed the cauliflower in BBQ sauce, chopped some red onion, and got some cilantro ready to go. 



I used a mix of TJs BBQ sauces for this project--the All Natural is awesome, but can be a bit spicy, so I mixed it with the Kansas City blend to even things out. 


In a happy twist of fate, our stash of Daiya cheese had gone moldy. I say happy, because this pizza tasted even better without it! I topped each pizza with about 1/2 cup of sauce, half of the cauliflower, red onion, and cilantro. 


The pizzas baked for an additional 15 minutes with toppings. Even though a lot of waiting was involved, it was definitely worth it! The pizza had great flavor, and was totally reminiscent of the California Pizza Kitchen version. We loved it! 



(true confessions--I loved it so much I had two leftover pieces for breakfast #sorryimnotsorry)

Let me know if you give this a try! 
--E&R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South America 2016: On to Manuel Antonio

Barclays in Bali: Busy Sunday

Barclays in Bali: Ubud on foot