Top Ten: What I'm looking forward to in Maui

(posted by Emily)

Holy cow. Spring Break is so close I can taste it. Only 6 more days of school to teach, and 9 more sleeps until we get on a plane to Maui! I have had a number of friends visit the island in the past few weeks, and they have been so helpful in sharing ideas and recommendations of what to do while we are there. To celebrate my building excitement (first time to Hawaii! I want all the leis!), here's a Top Ten list :) 

Top Ten: What I'm looking forward to in Maui

1) Our snorkeling cruise to Molokini and Turtle Arches.

via
2) The Old Lahaina Luau - we picked the Old Lahaina Luau because it has great reviews of being very historical and telling a story. It is focused on Hawaiian culture and history instead of entertainment for entertainment's sake, and sounds like a perfect fit for us. 

via
3) Coconuts! I know we've talked about bringing our Vitamix on this trip, and coconuts are a main reason why. Can't wait to have fresh smoothies all week!

via
4) Couples Massages :) This was one of my top priorities when we first started planning the trip. If we are going to call this a "honeymoon" (one of many trips with that label this year), we should treat ourselves. I called to book the appointments in November, I believe, and the woman at the spa thought I was hilarious for planning so far ahead. I don't regret it! 

via
5) Hiking - it's been a long time since we've been on a hiking trip, and I can't wait to go exploring.

via
6) The Road to Hana. Don't worry--Rick's going to drive :) We're planning to stop at a number of hiking/swimming spots along the way, too. 

via
7) The Lavender Farm. My wonderful friend Carol has been recommending this stop to me since I first asked her about things to do in Maui. I love all things lavender (especially Dr. Bronner's lavender soap) so this should be a really fun place to see. 

via
8) Checking out everything that us upcountry - wineries, the volcano crater, and maybe a vodka distillery, too!
via
9) Local fresh fruits and veggies

via
10) Seeing a new place and a chance to take time away from the real world. It's time for a break from work, and this is going to be an awesome adventure!

Aloha!
--E&R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South America 2016: On to Manuel Antonio

Barclays in Bali: Busy Sunday

Barclays in Bali: Ubud on foot