Breakfast Nachos

(posted by Emily)

Sometimes, a really great recipe comes your way, you have most everything on hand, and you just have to make the dish. Yesterday was one of those occasions, when our friend Jen posted on my Facebook wall:


The Post Punk Kitchen comes to us via Isa Chandra Moskowitz, author of Veganomicon and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. We've had her books for a while, but I haven't spent much time checking out the blog. The breakfast nachos looked pretty straightforward, and we've been on sort of a Mexican food kick the past few weeks. It didn't take much convincing for me to decide this was the direction dinner should go!


I followed the recipe almost verbatim--we subbed guacamole for the avocado salsa, and I made scramble like I usually do, which is similar to their recipe, but allows for more eyeballing of ingredients vs. measuring. The cheese sauce is awesome, and we had fun making plates of nachos. There was even enough left over for lunch today! :)


Any great recipes you are trying this week?
--E&R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South America 2016: On to Manuel Antonio

Barclays in Bali: Busy Sunday

Barclays in Bali: Ubud on foot