CheezeFest 2k14: Pub Cheddar

(posted by Emily) 

Anyone who went to Butler or lives in the Indy area knows of the magic that is the Brew Pub's beer cheese. A delicious, thin, cheesy fondue-type dip, served with crusty bread, it's one of the few things I wish I could have when in the Hoosier state. 

At Jennie's last week, pub cheese was my must-do recipe. The cheese can be thickened into a spread, or melted with beer to make a dip. I thickened the cheese at home, and left it at spread stage. Rick and I added it to our Yukon Gold Hash this morning, and it was delicious! 

The cheese fermented for 48 hours before it was sharp enough for my taste.


In a saucepan, I heated and mixed some dark beer and agar to thicken the cheese. 


I added the cheddar base to the beer and mixed. 

Added fresh chives.


Let cool in a glass tupperware and smooth the top. 


Enjoy!


Hope you're having a great Monday!
--E&R





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South America 2016: On to Manuel Antonio

Barclays in Bali: Busy Sunday

Barclays in Bali: Ubud on foot