Top Ten: Tidbits from life right now

(posted by Emily)

With a lack of travel plans lately and in the near future, we have had some time to get back to our regular routine at home. Here are a few tidbits from real life these days :)

Top Ten: Tidbits from life right now

1) Our basil plant is thriving, so we cut it back and made some pesto!


This is the recipe I followed, from Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen (which I do not yet own, but am hoping someone will buy me for Christmas :) )

2 c packed fresh basil
1/4 c cashews
2 garlic cloves
1 tbs lemon juice
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 c olive oil

Pulse all ingredients except olive oil in a blender or food processor until finely chopped. Drizzle in olive oil and process until smooth. Season to taste. I froze our batch (which is actually not that much) so we can use it when we need it!

2) Oktoberfest with friends





3) You all need to try this recipe. We made it for dinner on Monday and it is great! Lots of leftovers, too!

via
4) I'm obsessed with Anthony Bourdain : No Reservations lately. Netflix knows me too well--food and travel? Yes, I'll binge watch that!

via
5) Rigby is ready for Halloween, thanks to the Target Dollar Spot.

sorry about the blurry face!
6) Not that my husband can tell a difference, but a quick update to our wedding shadow box thanks to some straight pins has made me quite a happy camper.


7) The walls in our living room/dining room are getting some love, via a fresh coat of paint. No more low quality, first apartment beige!






8) This weekend I learned you can search your pins on the Pinterest mobile app--a life changing discovery when searching for the exact recipe you want in the middle of a crowded grocery store #firstworldproblems, I know.


9) I am grateful for Rick's immense talent for planning vacations--despite some frustrations with United, our summer 2015 extravaganza is totally booked! From hotels to travel, he has it all figured out. Can't wait to explore some new destinations!

via
10) Sometimes, breakfast for dinner is the best option after a long day. Hash browns, tofu scramble with soyrizo, and sourdough toast really hit the spot!

Hope you are having a great week!
--E&R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South America 2016: On to Manuel Antonio

Barclays in Bali: Busy Sunday

Barclays in Bali: Ubud on foot