Top Ten: Recipes for Thanksgiving

(posted by Emily) 

It's that time of year again! The official kick off to the holiday season is right around the corner, and it's time to bring back all of those special recipes we only see during the next month or so. Rick and I are both looking forward to a trip to Chicago for Thanksgiving, and I've been mentally planning what we are going to eat for the holiday. Here are ten great veg recipes for Thanksgiving, some of which have inspired our menu this year!

Top Ten: Recipes for Thanksgiving

1) Stuffed Acorn Squash. This recipe has been a staple for me ever since my first vegetarian Thanksgiving. I do the stuffing a little differently, with wild rice, celery, cranberries, and onion, but either way it is delicious!

via
2) Horseradish Mashed Potatoes. I haven't made these, but I've absolutely been looking for a good excuse to do so! Not sure if we'll end up with these on the table or my truffle smashed potatoes, but either way we'll be happy! 

via
3) Quinoa Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Apples

via
4) Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Tempeh

via
5) Brussels Sprouts Sliders. Totally want to make these! Probably going to have to do a test run at home, just to see how it goes :) 

via
6) Butternut Squash and Apple Risotto. Not a vegan recipe but easily adaptable! Sub veggie stock for chicken stock, and Earth Balance or olive oil for butter and you are good to go!

via
7) If beets are your thing, I bet this Rice, Beet, and Kale Salad is delicious. Beets--not my thing. 

via
8) Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Almond Cheese. I tried out these three almond cheese recipes over the weekend and they were a hit! The sun-dried tomato version was our favorite. 

via
9) Vegan Pumpkin Spice Creamer. Perfect for your after dinner coffee--and I bet even better with some whiskey mixed in!

via
10) What would a great dinner party be without cocktails? Excited to try these big batch cocktails next week! 

via
Do you have any favorite recipes that only come out for the holidays? Can't wait for next week!
--E&R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South America 2016: On to Manuel Antonio

Barclays in Bali: Busy Sunday

Barclays in Bali: Ubud on foot